The first day of school can be a day of both excitement and stress for children, parents, and teachers. Follow these tips for a stress-free first day of school.
1. Get back on a school schedule. The week before school starts, or even earlier, get in the habit of going to sleep and waking up earlier. That way you have plenty of time to adjust, and can get enough sleep for the big first day back. This will leave you with plenty of time to get ready for the day.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. If you followed tip number 1, you should have plenty of time in your routine for breakfast. But sometimes we oversleep, get caught up in other things, and lose track of time. Try to have quick breakfast solutions on hand for mornings when you just can’t find the time. If you’re in a hurry, try a smoothie. Prepare your ingredients ahead of time and have a smoothie made fresh and ready to go in seconds.
Click here for fun and delicious smoothie recipes
3. Decide what you want to wear the night before. First days are full of first impressions, and everyone wants to look their best. But digging through your closet at the early hours of the morning for the perfect outfit is not ideal. Set aside your clothes for the morning the night before and eliminate that potential stress from your morning routine.
4. Consult your school supply list. Double check that you have all the supplies you need for your first day packed away in your backpack and ready to go. When students are prepared, it makes for a much more productive classroom experience for students and teachers alike.
5. Bring a positive attitude. Strive to make this the best school year yet. No one wants to say goodbye to summer, but carry the good memories you have with you into the school year, and bring your own summer sunshine into the classroom. Be confident and remember that you are capable of anything you set your mind to, and you are bound to succeed.