1. Online advertising is impersonal. It is actually easy to customize your advertising message so that each individual customer feels important. When sending out emails, you can customize your messages to address your customers by name, which is a simple, but proven tactic to create trust between your business and current or potential customers. Online advertising and marketing allows your customers to interact with you when it’s convenient for them. This is essential for making a sale because a potential customer needs to be engaged without feeling put on the spot, or pressured into interacting with your business.
2. My customers aren’t online. Actually, they are! An astounding 88% of American adults use the internet, and 77% own a smartphone. It is no longer possible to ignore the staying power of digital, and your marketing strategy should reflect that. Ignoring online advertising is essentially ignoring the majority of your present and potential customers. It is paramount that businesses adapt to stay relevant.
3. It’s not affordable. Online advertising is a great channel for businesses with a limited advertising budget. With online advertising, you can pay as much or as little as works for your business. These days, it’s easier than ever to target your desired audience utilizing specific demographics to ensure you’re reaching the people who are most likely to interact and engage with your brand. If you’re a small business with a local customer base, you can expect to get great results without having to invest thousands of dollars into your advertising campaign, since your demographic area will be small and easy to target. If you’re looking to target the Delmarva area and get the most bang for your buck, click here.
4. I’m already utilizing print/TV/radio/etc. That’s great! But do you know what’s even better? Using multiple advertising channels to advertise your business. Multi-channel advertising increases awareness for your business, helps you maintain a consistent message, and gives you the opportunity to reach your customers where they are. Using several different advertising approaches also increases the amount of data you can collect on your customers and will help you better serve your customers. When your customers interact with your brand on multiple advertising channels, it increases brand loyalty and keeps your business at the forefront of your customer’s mind.
5. It won’t benefit my small business. Online advertising is just as important for small businesses as it is for bigger businesses, maybe even more so. As a small business, you don’t have the benefit of a big business budget, but you don’t need it. As stated above, it’s not necessary to have a large advertising budget to get started with online advertising. And because you have a small business, it is imperative that you have a presence online so that you can keep in touch with your customers and help potential customers find you. The thing that sets small business owners apart from the rest is their resilience and resourcefulness. That means using all the tools available to you in order to make your business soar above the competition.
What do you say, are you a believer yet? If you’re ready to take the next step and begin advertising your business online, email us today!